Fire Causes $30,000 in Damages to Rockford Home

News
Fire Truck_1446729184317.jpg

Rockford Fire responds to an early morning house fire at a two-story home on the west side.

Crews arriving to the home in the 1800 block of West State Street around 1:30 a.m. When they got to the scene, the only occupant of the house was outside and uninjured.

The fire was in the kitchen and had extended to the attic. Fire crews operated on both floors and were required to call for a second alarm for additional assistance as the flames continued to spread. Crews continued to operate for three hours and were able to save most of the house.

The cause was ruled accidental and was likely due to something being left on the stove. Damage is estimated to be $30,000. There were no injuries.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong

Trending Stories