ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Firehouse Subs brought lunch to firefighters with the Rockford Fire Department on Tuesday, along with a touching note.
“We know the important role you play in your community,” the note reads. “And on September 11 we’re reminded of the sacrifices you make for our safety. Please accept this card, signed by our crew and local community members, as a symbol of our appreciation of your efforts.”
Firehouse Subs, at 6470 E State Street, is a national chain that was founded in Florida by a pair of firefighter brothers in 1994.
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Iowa teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- Boone County Sheriff’s Department says farewell to fallen K9 Loki