Several local counties and towns have announced road closures and advisories due to flooding concerns across the region.
Stephenson County and Rock County, specifically Janesville and Beloit, have put out advisories announcing specific areas of concern in terms of high water and flooding.
In Dixon, rising river levels on the Rock River are flooding streets and forced vehicles parked in lots along the river to be moved.
In Stephenson County, as of 11 a.m., road closures included the following:
- Cockrell Road, south of Cedarville Road
- Loran Road, west of Mill Grove Road
- Richland Road between Red Oak Road and Scheider Road
- Brush Creek Road between Route 26 and Bellview Road
- Beaver Road between Red Oak Road and Scheider Road
- Loran Road between Route 73 and Mill Grove Road
- Mill Grove Road, south of Loran Road at Sabin Church Road
In Jo Daviess County, impassable roads include:
- N. Holland Rd & E. Roberts Rd (Scales Mound)
- N. Carr Rd at railroad crossing (Scales Mound)
- S. Main St & S. Bench St (Galena)
- S. Fulton Rd & Evergreen St (Hanover)
- W. Rush Rd & S. Four Corners Rd (Hanover)
- In the area of 6996 W. Blanding Rd (Hanover)
- W. Steele Rd & S. Burton Rd (Elizabeth)
- S. Apple River Rd & S. Goose Hollow Rd (Elizabeth)
- S. Crazy Hollow Rd just off IL Rt 84 S. (Hanover)
- W. Buckhill Rd & N. Bowden Rd (Galena)
In Beloit, McKinley Road has been closed between Burton and Newark and the Colley Road bridge over Turtle Creek and Ford Street are closed.
And in Janesville, the area of Wright Road and Ruger Avenue is experiencing a heavy amount of flooding. Wright has been closed from Skyview Drive to Palmer Drive, while Ruger Avenue is closed from Pontiac to Wuthering Hills Drive.
Rock County officials are making sand and sandbags available for residents up there. They are available at several locations, including Rock Town Hall, Newville Park and Ride and in Janesville at 900 N. Parker Driver and in Beloit at 2351 Springbrook Court.
Hazardous conditions in Rock County should be reported at 608-757-2244.