ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 34-year-old Michael Enneking, a former teacher at Jefferson High School, was arrested Monday for allegedly having inappropriate sexual contact with a female student.
Rockford Police say they were notified about the possible sexual abuse in April.
Detectives conducted a follow up investigation and say Enneking had sexual contact with a female student under the age of 18 on school grounds. In addition, police say there was inappropriate contact through electronic means between the victim and Enneking after school hours.
Enneking has been charged with four counts of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse, Indecent Solicitation of a Child, Grooming, and Failure to Report Abuse of a Child to DCFS.
He was lodged in the Winnebago County Jail on a $500,000 bond.
- Local entrepreneurs get a chance to show off their ideas during Startup Weekend
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say