ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — At Tuesday night’s City Council meeting, the City of Rockford voted to dismiss the fines against the property that housed the former State Street Station.
The motion was passed by a unanimous vote.
The owner of the property, located at 3515 E. State Street, is engaged in a contract with Via Sofia’s Italian Kitchen to demolish the former strip club and build an Italian restaurant.
Via Sofia’s Italian Kitchen operates several restaurants in Iowa.
Tuesday night, the city council effectively waived the fees against the building so the buyer can start fresh.
A fine of $10,850 was levied against the property for failure to remove a “nonconforming sign” after State Street Station vacated the location.
State Street Station was an adult entertainment club that operated since 1978.
Due to a “no nudity” city ordinance, the venue employed bikini-clad dancers. In 2016, the bar removed the dancers in favor of video poker and gaming.
It closed in 2016.
- Rockford Fire investigates blaze inside vacant home
- Rockford fire battles blaze at vacant hotel
- Boylan returns some big-time talent to challenge again for a NIC-10 title
- Social media threats continue to grow in the aftermath of mass shootings
- Senior Follies Musical Revue prove that age is just a number