FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 32-year-old Jamar Mayfield was arrested for allegedly sharing a video featuring child pornography on Facebook.
The Stephenson County Sheriff’s Office say a detective found the post on Facebook, which showed a child under the age of 13 engaged in sexual penetration with another person.
Police say the video was posted under an alias, but detectives were able to identify the poster as Mayfield.
Mayfield was arrested at his house on Thursday. He faces charges of Possessing a Video Showing Child Pornography and Sharing a Video Showing Child Pornography.
- Coronaviruses explained: what you need to know
- UPS training thousands of drivers to spot, report human trafficking
- Woman shoots 3 Illinois State Troopers, killing 1, before turning gun on herself
- New case of coronavirus confirmed in California
- Trump lawyers argue Democrats just want to overturn election