FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 19-year-old LaShawn Thurman was arrested Monday after police allegedly discovered MDMA (“Ecstacy”) in his car.
Freeport Police say Thurman was pulled over at the intersection of Chicago Avenue and Garfield Street on September 26th for a turn signal violation.
According to police, Thurman was in possession of a baggie containing 2.2 grams of a yellow powder which tested positive for MDMA.
Police say Thurman turned himself in on Monday and was served with an arrest warrant. He posted bond and was released from custody.
- Temperatures take a little dip heading into the weekend
- Winnebago County Sheriff welcomes first-ever female Deputy Chief
- Machesney Park flag ceremony honors family of US Army pilot killed in Black Hawk crash
- Oregon students return to class after 2 week shutdown
- Beloit College pushes back start date for Spring semester