FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Sunday was a wonderful day for a birthday party. Friends and family celebrated the 104th birthday for Vera Peterson in Freeport.
Loved ones celebrated the milestone with a socially-distant drive-by parade outside her home at Winnnprarie. The birthday girl says she has learned a lot over the past century.
Peterson says the key to a long life is a positive mindset.
“Well if I haven’t forgot what I usually say, I say to keep on smiling, and keep on breathing and have a good attitude, and trust in God,” she said.
Vera thanks all her friends and family for taking time to celebrate with her.
- Late Season Freeze Follows Tuesday’s Snow Chances
- New iPad, iMac expected at Apple online event, with hint at AirPods 3
- Biologist names newly discovered insect after coronavirus
- New Jersey adds ‘X’ gender option on driver’s licenses and IDs
- Corey Anderson moves up Bellator MMA’s rankings, moves closer to $1M payday