FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Sunday was a wonderful day for a birthday party. Friends and family celebrated the 104th birthday for Vera Peterson in Freeport.
Loved ones celebrated the milestone with a socially-distant drive-by parade outside her home at Winnnprarie. The birthday girl says she has learned a lot over the past century.
Peterson says the key to a long life is a positive mindset.
“Well if I haven’t forgot what I usually say, I say to keep on smiling, and keep on breathing and have a good attitude, and trust in God,” she said.
Vera thanks all her friends and family for taking time to celebrate with her.
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players