French Police are scouring downtown Nice trying to piece together just who was behind Thursday night’s terrifying attack.
Here’s the latest information:
- Gunman drove a truck through a crowd of people killing 84, including American tourists from Texas.
- More than 200 hurt, 25 are on life support.
- Attacker identified as Mohamed Bouhlel, a 31 year-old Frenchman from Tunisia who lived in Nice.
- No terrorist groups have claimed responsibility for the attack.
- France under an extended state of emergency.
President Obama addressed the nation Friday afternoon. He said the U.S. will stand in solidarity with France and called the attack, “sickening.”
“This is a threat to all of us,” said President Obama. “We don’t know all the details. But, what we know is the capacity of even a single individual to do extraordinary harm to our people. These terrorists are targeting and killing innocent people of all backgrounds and all faiths, including Muslims.”
France lit up the Eiffel Tower in the nation’s colors to honor the victims. The French president also announced three days of mourning.