ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — An Advanced Disposal garbage truck became stuck under a railroad bridge near the intersection of Broadway and 15th Street on Monday afternoon.
The 12’3″ bridge was not high enough to accommodate the height of the truck.
The driver was not injured.
CORRECTION: A previous version of this story incorrectly stated that the Advanced Disposal truck driver was charged for operating a motor vehicle under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana/THC, and reckless driving. This is not accurate. Once we became aware of the mistake, we immediately removed it from our website. Eyewitness News regrets the error.
- Coroner: Body found in Rock River identified as missing Janesville girl
- Shedd Aquarium reopens Friday with new safety precautions in place
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem Week 1
- Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID-19 after attending Trump rally
- Woman charged with helping Illinois man murder missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen