ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — An Advanced Disposal garbage truck became stuck under a railroad bridge near the intersection of Broadway and 15th Street on Monday afternoon.
The 12’3″ bridge was not high enough to accommodate the height of the truck.
The driver was not injured.
CORRECTION: A previous version of this story incorrectly stated that the Advanced Disposal truck driver was charged for operating a motor vehicle under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana/THC, and reckless driving. This is not accurate. Once we became aware of the mistake, we immediately removed it from our website. Eyewitness News regrets the error.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year