(NEXSTAR)–Actress Naya Rivera was missing and presumed to be dead after her 4-year-old son was found adrift on a boat in Lake Piru in Ventura County Wednesday, officials said.
Deputies received a call of a child found alone on a boat in the lake around 6 p.m., said Cpt. Eric Buschow of the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office. The boy was adrift for about three hours until someone on another boat found him and notified authorities, officials at the scene said.
A search and rescue dive team searched the lake as they were unable to locate the child’s parents, officials said. The department tweeted that they were searching for a possible drowning victim.
Sheriff’s officials later said the missing person is “Glee” actress Naya Rivera, 33, and she is presumed to be dead.
It was not yet clear how the child ended up alone or what happened to Rivera.
The boy was wearing a life jacket when he was found, the department said.
Lake Piru is a reservoir in the Los Padres National Forest and Topatopa Mountains of Ventura County.
No further details were immediately available.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”