ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Park District has a new stretch of trails for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy.
Phase one of the Atwood Park Trails is officially complete and includes 4.5 miles of fresh trails.
Officials are calling the trails silent sports, so anything that has a motor has to be left at home.
The Park District was able to renew the outdoor area, without using tax dollars, but by raising the funds through grants and donations.
Officials brought in experts to cut the new trails so that the paths will be able to be hiked for years to come.
- Michigan mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Illinois health officials report 5,343 new cases of COVID-19, 130 deaths on Saturday
- Governors’ anger grows as federal vaccine stockpile vanishes
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander