ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Park District has a new stretch of trails for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy.
Phase one of the Atwood Park Trails is officially complete and includes 4.5 miles of fresh trails.
Officials are calling the trails silent sports, so anything that has a motor has to be left at home.
The Park District was able to renew the outdoor area, without using tax dollars, but by raising the funds through grants and donations.
Officials brought in experts to cut the new trails so that the paths will be able to be hiked for years to come.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80