ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Park District has a new stretch of trails for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy.
Phase one of the Atwood Park Trails is officially complete and includes 4.5 miles of fresh trails.
Officials are calling the trails silent sports, so anything that has a motor has to be left at home.
The Park District was able to renew the outdoor area, without using tax dollars, but by raising the funds through grants and donations.
Officials brought in experts to cut the new trails so that the paths will be able to be hiked for years to come.
- Rockford resident and Lebanon native reacts to massive Beirut explosion
- Local theater group uses downtime to teach young performers
- Tropical Storm Isaias Continues to Move Through the New England States
- Slattery in position for a top 10 finish at the Illinois Open
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say