ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Park District has a new stretch of trails for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy.
Phase one of the Atwood Park Trails is officially complete and includes 4.5 miles of fresh trails.
Officials are calling the trails silent sports, so anything that has a motor has to be left at home.
The Park District was able to renew the outdoor area, without using tax dollars, but by raising the funds through grants and donations.
Officials brought in experts to cut the new trails so that the paths will be able to be hiked for years to come.
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive
- Rockford communities looking to bring Christmas joy to children everywhere