LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Harlem Middle School students, who created the official Illinois ornaments which will be hung on the National Christmas Tree in Washington D.C. this year, need help to afford a charter bus to get there.
Each Harlem student who had a hand in making the ornaments has been invited to the Capital for the tree lighting ceremony.
A GoFundMe has been set up to help the team raise $5,000 to make the once-in-a-lifetime experience a reality.
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Southern California lake
- As other states’ COVID-19 cases spike health experts say Illinois’ future is in your hands
- Rockford Police Department looks to achieve top tier status in accreditation assessment
- Rockford Discovery Center re-opens with reduced capacity