ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Car rental company Hertz announced Friday that it would be selling $1 billion worth of cars at a discount after filing for bankruptcy.
According to CNBC, the company was hit hard by a dramatic drop in rentals during the coronavirus pandemic.
Hertz is selling vehicles online, which can be delivered within a 75 mile radius.
A Kia Forte is selling for an average price of $10,851, and Nissan Quest is going for an average $13,874.
The Toyota Tundra is selling for an average 12.6% discount, at $31,383, and a BMW seven-series for a 13.7% discount of an average $42,680.
- Blocking pattern keeps the first week of December mostly dry and warmer than normal
- Roscoe police respond to 4 car accident, one driver arrested on DUI suspicion
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- Congress scrambles to avoid government shutdown
- Rockford City Council passes ‘Capital Improvement Plan’