ROSCOE, Ill. (WTVO) — Hundreds braved the cold Saturday Morning to run a 5K in honor of fallen Rockford Police Officer, Jaimie Cox.
The start and finish line was at Roscoe Middle School.
The route went along the historic stone bridge trail and wound all the way to the Kinnikinnick Creek.
This is the second year for the run.
The Cox Family says this is a way to fundraise in honor of Jaimie Cox, Jaimie’s way.
Officer Cox was killed in 2017 when he pulled Eddie Patterson over for a traffic stop that ended up taking both of their lives.
The first memorial run raise $15,000, and this year even more showed up to run for Officer Cox’s memory.
All the money raised goes toward the Jaimie Cox Memorial Scholarship.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning