ROSCOE, Ill. (WTVO) — Hundreds braved the cold Saturday Morning to run a 5K in honor of fallen Rockford Police Officer, Jaimie Cox.
The start and finish line was at Roscoe Middle School.
The route went along the historic stone bridge trail and wound all the way to the Kinnikinnick Creek.
This is the second year for the run.
The Cox Family says this is a way to fundraise in honor of Jaimie Cox, Jaimie’s way.
Officer Cox was killed in 2017 when he pulled Eddie Patterson over for a traffic stop that ended up taking both of their lives.
The first memorial run raise $15,000, and this year even more showed up to run for Officer Cox’s memory.
All the money raised goes toward the Jaimie Cox Memorial Scholarship.
- Substitute teacher fired after student beating goes viral
- Artists, of all skill levels, leave their mark on Rockford’s mural
- Early season snowstorm makes its presence felt in the Stateline
- Former President Jimmy Carter enters hospital for surgery
- Two sisters raise money to buy 108 Thanksgiving meals for families in need