SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — Illinois received a $4.5 million grant from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services to look into and improve substance use disorder treatment strategies for Medicaid members.
The money will be used to launch an 18 month assessment on how to better respond to the behavioral health needs of Medicaid members, including substance use disorder treatment.
After the assessment, Illinois will be eligible for for a 36-month implementation grant which would increase the access to medication-assisted treatment for Medicaid beneficiaries in the state.
- Standout defenseman Cody Franson returning to the IceHogs
- Winnebago County businesses brace for more restrictions as COVID-19 pos. rate reaches warning level
- Drive-thru flu shots available in Stephenson County
- Trump announces ‘Born Alive’ executive order
- October will feature two full moons, including Halloween