(CNN) — If you think supehero cars are just for superhero movies, think again.
A Chicago man has been building his very own version of a Batmobile from scratch.
He calls it the “big black car.”
He’s been working on it for four years in his garage, and it doesn’t only look cool, it can pivot in place for a quick exit and it runs great too.
“We’ve got a 72 V12 in the front, we have a Boeing 502 jet engine in the back,” said car owner Brain Hendler.
He doesn’t plan to drive the car around much.
Instead, he wants to take it to charity events to help bring in more donations for good causes.
- ‘A League of Their Own’ returning to Rockford theaters
- New dog collar swears at you each time your dog barks
- USS Arizona crew member, Pearl Harbor survivor dies age 97
- Nintendo pop-up lounge to debut at O’Hare Monday
- Illinois officials to detail battle plan against gypsy moth
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.