(CNN) — If you think supehero cars are just for superhero movies, think again.
A Chicago man has been building his very own version of a Batmobile from scratch.
He calls it the “big black car.”
He’s been working on it for four years in his garage, and it doesn’t only look cool, it can pivot in place for a quick exit and it runs great too.
“We’ve got a 72 V12 in the front, we have a Boeing 502 jet engine in the back,” said car owner Brain Hendler.
He doesn’t plan to drive the car around much.
Instead, he wants to take it to charity events to help bring in more donations for good causes.
- Midweek Warm-Up Comes with Heavy Rainfall
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town
- Byron High School Food Pantry receives donation to help low income students
- Freeport Police need help identifying man who stole from a gas station
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.