CARLYLE, Ill. (WTVO) — A police department in Central Illinois is going viral after sharing a heartwarming post about a child who was taken into protective custody.
The sheriff’s office shared that a correctional officer spent her own money for the child on diapers, a stuffed animal, and clean clothing.
The department said staff took care of the child for over six hours until a family member was able to take over custody.
- Republicans propose amendment to limit term limits in Congress
- IDES: Nearly 1 million false unemployment claims stopped since March
- Live: White House holds briefing before Biden outlines racial equity agenda
- Kellyanne Conway accused of tweeting topless photo of 16-year-old daughter
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers