SANGAMON COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Families celebrated “Agriculture Day” today, August 13th, at the Illinois State Fair.
The day showcased locally grown foods and livestock from across Illinois.
Events at the fair included a Draft Horse Show, Cutest Little Farmer Contest and the Sale of Champions.
The Illinois Department of Agriculture Director, John Sullivan, also used the day to discuss the impact of hemp in the Illinois industry.
“In the first 24 hours we had And as of today, we over 250 applications over 2000 acres that had been applied for, and as of today, we have almost 1300 individuals that have applied to grow and or process hemp in the State of Illinois,” Sullivan said.
The Illinois State Fair ends Sunday, August 18th.
- Live Trump Impeachment Hearings & Analysis: Jennifer Williams, Alexander Vindman 1st to testify Tuesday
- NIU Huskies knock off Longwood
- Fighting Illini too much for Hawaii
- IceHogs defenseman Gilbert suspended
- Village of Poplar Grove proposes neighborhood park to Belvidere Park District