SANGAMON COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Families celebrated “Agriculture Day” today, August 13th, at the Illinois State Fair.
The day showcased locally grown foods and livestock from across Illinois.
Events at the fair included a Draft Horse Show, Cutest Little Farmer Contest and the Sale of Champions.
The Illinois Department of Agriculture Director, John Sullivan, also used the day to discuss the impact of hemp in the Illinois industry.
“In the first 24 hours we had And as of today, we over 250 applications over 2000 acres that had been applied for, and as of today, we have almost 1300 individuals that have applied to grow and or process hemp in the State of Illinois,” Sullivan said.
The Illinois State Fair ends Sunday, August 18th.
- Belvidere schools on lockdown due to ‘safety concern’ at Belvidere North
- New 4K images of Titanic released after first manned dive in 14 years
- Cleveland police officer accused of exposing himself, urinating on 12-year-old girl
- All aboard! Amtrak route from Chicago to New Orleans restored
- Florida woman takes plea deal in baby’s co-sleeping death