BATESVILLE, Ind. (WTVO) — Illinois State Police share a firm message after a neighbor state police car was struck Saturday morning.
The incident occurred on I-74 in Batesville, Indiana. The trooper was not hurt but the car was completely smashed in.
The “Move Over” law (also known as ‘Scott’s Law’) requires drivers to reduce speed and change lanes as far as possible from any stopped emergency vehicle.
Violators could face a fine of $10,000.
- Coronavirus Illinois: Large summer events may be canceled to stop spread of COVID-19, Pritzker says
- Lowe’s will close stores Easter Sunday to give employees ‘much-deserved day off’
- Disney shares Dole Whip, other recipes while parks closed
- Family of Chicago 911 call center employee mourning after he died from COVID-19
- Wind Whipped Snow Squalls Thursday Afternoon and Evening