CHATHAM, Ill. (WCIA) — An Illinois teenager who became ill with the flu has died.
At the end of January, Joey Sandhaas was hospitalized for the flu in Springfield. Last week, he was taken to the St. Louis Children’s Hospital because it turned into pneumonia. He was then put into a medically induced coma.
Ball-Chatham School District officials sent out a statement that said:
Our hearts are breaking to learn of the passing of GHS junior, Joey Sandhaas, today. He was an amazing young man with limitless potential.BALL-CHATHAM SCHOOL DISTRICT
If you wish to help support the family, click here.
- Big Cooldown to Follow Warm Stretch
- House catches fire from nearby fire pit
- Local organization spends Saturday fixing up YMCA
- Stateline bikers raise money for grieving family
- E-Rabs nab victory in District 205 Cup