Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker, along with Treasurer Michael Frerichs, on Wednesday announced a $100 million program to fund zero or low-interest loans to furloughed federal workers in Illinois during the federal government shutdown.
More than 8,000 federal employees live in Illinois have been affected by the partial shudown, which began December 22nd.
Lenders participating with the State to waive fees and provide other support to workers dealing with mortgage payments, student loans, or car loans include:
• 1st Mid America
• Bank of America
• BMO Harris
• Citizens Equity First Credit Union (CEFCU)
• Community Plus Federal Credit Union
• First Midwest Bank
• Heartland Credit Union
• Home State Bank
• IH Mississippi Credit Union (IHMVCU)
• KCT Credit Union
• R.I.A. Federal Credit Union
• Scott Credit Union
• JP Morgan Chase
• SENB Bank
• SIU Credit Union
• University of Illinois Community Credit Union
• U.S. Bank
• U.S. Employee Credit Union
• Wells Fargo
• Vibrant Credit Union
Visit illinois.gov/shutdownaid for more information.