AVON, Wis. (WTVO) — A 68-year-old woman was killed Friday morning when her car, a 2014 Ford Fusion, collided with a semi tractor on W Hwy 81.
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office says the Bloomingdale woman was traveling westbound when she crossed the center line, striking the rear axles of an easbound semi-trailer.
The driver of the Fusion had to be extricated from the vehicle for transport to Mercy Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the semi was uninjured.
Police closed W Hwy 81 to traffic for two and a half hours while the crash was under investigation.
- Gilbert and Hagel Return to IceHogs from Chicago Blackhawks
- Martin Luther King Day event encourages voter registration
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Delia and Gagne Lead Hogs to Shutout Win Over Wolves
- Overnight Café houses people in need during cold nights