(CNN) — It’s twins, but that’s not the most surprising part of this birth announcement.
The new mom is 73-years-old and dad is 80.
The proud parents live in southern India, they’re farmers, and they’ve always wanted children but it just never happened for them, until now.
Doctors agreed to IVF and it was a success, on the first try.
The twin girls were delivered via c-section Thursday, ending nine long months of bed rest for mom.
The new family may be setting records, the mother may be the oldest woman to ever give birth, but that’s not confirmed yet.
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.