Suzanne Hoylaerts was taken to a doctor after she had a loss of appetite and shortness of breath.
Hoylaerts later was hospitalized tested positive for COVID-19.
She reportedly told doctors, “I don’t want to use artificial respiration. Save it for younger patients. I already had a good life.”
Hoylaerts died on March 22, two days after she was admitted to the hospital.
- Boylan teacher earns first Don Zimmerman Golden Apple Scholarship
- Stateline salons and tattoo shops reopen under Phase 3 of Restore Illinois
- Uniform worn by Tom Hanks in ‘A League of Their Own’ being auctioned
- Local restaurants and bars welcome customers back with outdoor dining
- Cooler, but Dry, this Weekend