(FOX NEWS) — Zookeepers are giving a lot of love to an orphaned baby koala.
Wildlife experts say it’s a miracle the little one survived.
The four-month old Koala, known as Joey, was left injured and alone when her mother died.
She’s now on the mend at the Werribee Open Range Zoo in Australia.
Zookeepers treating her broken arm with an adorable mini cast.
They said she’ll need a lot of TLC because of how young she is.
Zoo staff are giving her a milk supplement similar to what she would have fed on from her mom.
Workers are also spending a lot of time cuddling her in blankets and introducing her to a stuffed koala she can hold on to for comfort.
Their goal is to try and re-introduce her back into the wild when she’s old enough to fend for herself.
- McDonald’s manager allegedly quits mid-shift, informs customers via sign posted in drive-thru lane
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk
- WHO accused of sexism for suggesting women of ‘childbearing age’ shouldn’t drink
- Wary Rockton residents return home for first time since Monday’s Chemtool plant fire
- Pritzker signs bill to make mail-in voting permanent in Illinois
Copyright © 2020 Fox NewsEdge. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.