(FOX NEWS) — Zookeepers are giving a lot of love to an orphaned baby koala.
Wildlife experts say it’s a miracle the little one survived.
The four-month old Koala, known as Joey, was left injured and alone when her mother died.
She’s now on the mend at the Werribee Open Range Zoo in Australia.
Zookeepers treating her broken arm with an adorable mini cast.
They said she’ll need a lot of TLC because of how young she is.
Zoo staff are giving her a milk supplement similar to what she would have fed on from her mom.
Workers are also spending a lot of time cuddling her in blankets and introducing her to a stuffed koala she can hold on to for comfort.
Their goal is to try and re-introduce her back into the wild when she’s old enough to fend for herself.
- Local entrepreneurs get a chance to show off their ideas during Startup Weekend
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say
Copyright © 2020 Fox NewsEdge. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.