(FOX NEWS) — Zookeepers are giving a lot of love to an orphaned baby koala.
Wildlife experts say it’s a miracle the little one survived.
The four-month old Koala, known as Joey, was left injured and alone when her mother died.
She’s now on the mend at the Werribee Open Range Zoo in Australia.
Zookeepers treating her broken arm with an adorable mini cast.
They said she’ll need a lot of TLC because of how young she is.
Zoo staff are giving her a milk supplement similar to what she would have fed on from her mom.
Workers are also spending a lot of time cuddling her in blankets and introducing her to a stuffed koala she can hold on to for comfort.
Their goal is to try and re-introduce her back into the wild when she’s old enough to fend for herself.
- State prison turns away Logan County inmates infected with COVID-19
- Twin YouTube stars charged after Uber driver held at gunpoint during fake bank robbery
- Rivets ready to resume their season with a new-look roster stocked with local guys
- Local board looking to improve mental health access for teens
- Neighborhood summit seeks to inspire hope in local communities
Copyright © 2020 Fox NewsEdge. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.