TORONTO (AP) — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he is closing his country’s borders to anyone not a citizen or a permanent resident amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Trudeau announced the move Monday outside his residence, where is self isolating after his wife tested positive for the new coronavirus.
He also asked Canadians to say home as much as possible amid the pandemic.
- Lowe’s to give employees $2 raise, changes hours and limiting number of customers in stores
- 18 year-old charged after shots fired in Rockford
- Surgeon General: Here’s how you can make a cloth mask today in just a few easy steps
- Wisconsin restaurant takes prices off menu letting customers pay for what they can during coronavirus crisis
- 39-year-old Florida deputy dies from coronavirus, sheriff urges public to heed distancing orders