BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq’s judiciary says it has issued an arrest warrant for outgoing President Donald Trump in connection with the killing of an Iranian general and a powerful Iraqi militia leader last year.
The warrant was issued by a judge in Baghdad’s investigative court tasked with probing the Washington-directed drone strike that killed Gen. Qassim Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the court’s media office said.
The two were killed outside the capital’s airport last January. Al-Muhandis was the deputy leader of the state-sanctioned Popular Mobilization Forces, an umbrella group composed of an array of militias, including Iran-backed groups, formed to fight the Islamic State group.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams