GERMANY (WTVO) — Authorities are investigating a new suspect in the disappearance of 3-year-old Madeleine McCann, who disappeared 13 years ago while her family was vacationing in Portugal.
According to CNN, the new suspect is a 43-year-old German man who has been previously convicted for sexually abusing children.
The suspect is currently serving a jail sentence for an unrelated matter, according to the German State Prosecutor’s office of Braunschweig.
Police say the suspect lived in Portugal from 1995 to 2007, and resided in a house on the resort from where McCann disappeared.
The girl was staying with her British parents, Gerry and Kate, and her younger siblings. Madeleine disappeared after the parents put the children to bed and went to eat at a restaurant 200 feet away.
- Indiana man accused of shooting mouse stuck to trap
- WATCH: Gator grabs underwater drone during marine unit training
- What is a ‘dupe’ on TikTok? Here’s the meaning behind the trend
- Second woman accuses country star Jimmie Allen of sexual assault
- “Blood donations are need now more than ever” says Illinois Congressman
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!