GERMANY (WTVO) — Authorities are investigating a new suspect in the disappearance of 3-year-old Madeleine McCann, who disappeared 13 years ago while her family was vacationing in Portugal.
According to CNN, the new suspect is a 43-year-old German man who has been previously convicted for sexually abusing children.
The suspect is currently serving a jail sentence for an unrelated matter, according to the German State Prosecutor’s office of Braunschweig.
Police say the suspect lived in Portugal from 1995 to 2007, and resided in a house on the resort from where McCann disappeared.
The girl was staying with her British parents, Gerry and Kate, and her younger siblings. Madeleine disappeared after the parents put the children to bed and went to eat at a restaurant 200 feet away.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday