AUSTRALIA (WTVO) — Several regions in Australia saw more than a month’s worth of rain in just 24 hours.
“…more than ten communities across all three states have received their best rainfall in years,” 9 News Australia reported.
According to the country’s NSW Rural Fire Service, there are still 85 grass fires burning, but 30 had been contained.
“We are starting to see some good falls across some firegrounds. Lets hope some of our farmers are also getting some moisture,” tweeted NSW RFS.
Meteorologists are calling for up to four more inches of rain to fall as the rain continues into the weekend.
More than two dozen people and 1.25 billion wild animals have been killed in the massive wildfires which have ravaged the country.
- Coronaviruses explained: what you need to know
- UPS training thousands of drivers to spot, report human trafficking
- Woman shoots 3 Illinois State Troopers, killing 1, before turning gun on herself
- New case of coronavirus confirmed in California
- Trump lawyers argue Democrats just want to overturn election