(WTVO) — A member of the International Olympic Committee says the 2020 Tokyo Olympic games will be postponed until 2021 in light of the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
USA Today reports that the details will be worked out within the next four weeks.
“The parameters going forward have not been determined, but the Games are not going to start on July 24, that much I know,” veteran committee member Dick Pound told the newspaper on Monday.
On Sunday, IOC President Thomas Bach said he would make a decision on whether or not whether to postpone the games over the next four weeks.
On Sunday, the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Committees said they would not be sending a delegation of athletes to the games, and Australian, German, Brazil and Norway urged IOC to postpone the games.
- Rockford church gives students a quiet place (and free Wifi) to work on e-learning claswork
- Central Illinois workers rescued after being trapped on malfunctioning scaffolding 200 feet in air
- Local police warn of more scam calls—what to be aware of
- Protests break out in Louisville and across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
- 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests, expected to recover