(WFLA) – An Iranian lawmaker has called for the assassination of President Donald Trump and will offer $3 million to whoever carries it out, and Iranian state-run news outlet reported, according to Reuters.
“On behalf of people of Kerman province, we will pay $3 million award in cash to whoever kills Trump,” Ahmad Hamzeh told parliamentarians, according to an ISNA report.
Kerman is the hometown of Qassem Soleimani, the Iranian military commander who was killed in an airstrike ordered by President Donald Trump.
The news outlet says it’s still unclear whether Hamzeh was acting independently or if the reward was a decision made by Iran’s clerical rulers to threaten the president.
- No, vaccine side effects don’t tell you how well your immune system will protect you from COVID-19
- Nearly 2k more COVID-cases reported on Monday, 22 additional deaths in Illinois
- Rockford police searching for two suspects in robberies over the weekend
- Stalker arrested at Taylor Swift’s New York apartment building, police say
- Vandals leave pig’s head, smear blood on former home of Derek Chauvin defense witness