(CNN) — This little fella was rushed to the hospital after being rescued from a brush-fire in Australia.
A viral video shows the koala bear crossing the road and getting stranded near the flames.
A woman then rushed in, using her own shirt to wrap up the koala and move it out of harm’s way.
She doused the koala with water as it squealed in pain from its burns.
The animal was later taken to a nearby hospital that specializes in treating koalas.
The koala has been treated for his burns and is still in “very serious condition.”
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.