ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Investigators say arson is the cause of a garage fire in Rockford Wednesday morning.
Rockford Fire responded to a fire on 2100 block of Parmele Street around 3:10 a.m.
A detached garage was completely destroyed, and several collector cars stored within were charred.
The fire was so intense, it damaged two adjacent garages with radiant heat, officials said.
Police say arson was the cause. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call 779-348-7172.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday