JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — The Janesville Fire Department responded to a report of a residential fire at 475 N. Terrace Street in Janesville around 3:50 p.m. on Wednesday.
There was heavy smoke visible outside the building as firefighters arrived and the residents were already evacuated. Officials say the flames were quickly extinguished.
Officials estimated $45,000 in damages.
One resident of the home was treated for smoke inhalation. One firefighter sustained minor injury.
The Red Cross is helping out the displaced family.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday