JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO)–The Janesville Fire Department responded to a house fire on 1518 S. Willard Ave. at 11:52 p.m. on Friday, May 29.
Officials say they arrived witnessing fire blazing in the back bedroom. With the help of Milton Fire Department and Alliant shutting off natural gas, the fire was extinguished in over twenty minutes.
While the fire was contained to the bedroom, heat and smoke damage spread to other areas of the house.
Five people were evacuated, and only one suffered minor injuries. None were transported to the hospital.
Officials say that the fire caused $30,000 in content damage and roughly $48,000 in property damages.
The investigation has not determined the cause of the fire. The Red Cross are assisting six residents who were displaced.
- Estep’s blast lifts Rivets to their third straight win
- Fighting fires in heat adds extra dangers for area first responders
- Future ‘Rockton Street Market’ liquor license to only include beer and wine
- Long Range Pattern Favors Warmer, Drier than Normal Conditions
- Local museums re-open doors to public