JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — On Saturday night at 11:57 p.m., Janesville police officers responded to a traffic accident near 2204 Bond Place in Janesville. Officials say that Andrew J. Stacy was driving a vehicle and struck two parked vehicles that were unoccupied.
Witnesses say they saw Stacy get out of the vehicle and run away. When officers caught up to Stacy, they say he showed signs of impairment and failed the ensuing sobriety test.
Stacy, 41, was arrested for his 6th Offense OWI and transported to the Rock County Jail. He is also charged with Hit & Run to an Unattended Vehicle and Operating with a Revoked Drivers License.
- LIVE: Gov. Pritzker announces new COVID-19 guidelines for Illinois
- RPS reveals survey data, along with other back-to-school updates
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Freeport city leaders open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community