JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — Janesville Police are asking for the public’s help to identify a vehicle which was seen “driving suspiciously” near a small child on a bicycle.
Police say the incident occurred on August 3rd at around 3:45 p.m., when a woman was watching her grandchild ride a bike near the intersection of Willard Avenue and Laurel Avenue.
The woman said a green colored van drove past the intersection, turned around, and drove back toward the girl.
According to the woman, the operator of the van was driving against traffic, on the wrong side of the street, and when she yelled at the driver, he drove away slowly.
The van is described as an older model, boxy style van, with an Army green color and a dull finish, with no windows on the sides.
Police say the driver was a white male.
Police say that although no crime was committed, they would like to contact the driver to fully investigate the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to call Janesville Police at (608)757-2244, CrimeStoppers at (609)756-3636.
- Well-coordinated thieves capitalize on protest chaos
- Summerfest 2020 canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Video shows Chicago police officer placing knee on woman’s neck in mall parking lot
- Illinois lawmakers seek emergency meeting of Legislature amid unrest
- Drew Brees apologizes for anthem comments after backlash from teammates, others