JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — Janesville Police secured a portion of Harding Street early Thursday morning after someone called in an armed disturbance, but say ultimately no problems were found.
Police were called to the 400 block of Harding Street at 8:05 a.m. for a report of a male and female involved in a domestic disturbance in which a gun was seen.
Officers attempted to make contact at the residence without success, and later made entry into the house, only to find two people inside.
No gun was found, and the residence said there was no problem between them, although they did tell police they had been the victims of harassment.
Police say they believe the incident was a “swatting” call, in which a prank caller sends armed police officers to a home or residence.
Police say no arrests have been made as the incident is still under investigation.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision