SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO/WQRF) – Illinois’ long-time Secretary of State will not seek re-election.
Thursday, Democrat Jesse White told Politico “This is my last tour of duty,” while at the Illinois State Fair. White is currently serving his sixth term. It ends in 2022. White says he plans to serve out his complete term. The 85-year-old has been in office since 1999.
This is not the first time White has announced he would not run for re-election. In 2015, he said he would not run in 2018. He later changed his mind and easily won re-election.
- Bomb squad called to Belvidere bank after armed robbery
- Court docs: Man threw bag of bullets at officer during chase
- Fans choose sides in the ‘Chicken Sandwich War’ of our time
- Trump revives suggestion he’d end birthright citizenship
- Mistrial declared for man accused of eating ex’s body parts