SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO/WQRF) – Illinois’ long-time Secretary of State will not seek re-election.
Thursday, Democrat Jesse White told Politico “This is my last tour of duty,” while at the Illinois State Fair. White is currently serving his sixth term. It ends in 2022. White says he plans to serve out his complete term. The 85-year-old has been in office since 1999.
This is not the first time White has announced he would not run for re-election. In 2015, he said he would not run in 2018. He later changed his mind and easily won re-election.
- Drier Weather Slides in Today, Feeling Less Humid Over the Weekend
- Man hospitalized 99 days with COVID-19 wakes from coma to learn wife died of virus
- One-on-one with presidential hopeful Joe Biden
- Dream job: Company offering $1,000 to play Animal Crossing
- AP: After lobbying, Catholic Church won $1.4B in virus aid