SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO/WQRF) – Illinois’ long-time Secretary of State will not seek re-election.
Thursday, Democrat Jesse White told Politico “This is my last tour of duty,” while at the Illinois State Fair. White is currently serving his sixth term. It ends in 2022. White says he plans to serve out his complete term. The 85-year-old has been in office since 1999.
This is not the first time White has announced he would not run for re-election. In 2015, he said he would not run in 2018. He later changed his mind and easily won re-election.
- RMTD announces service to new Amazon Prime Air facility at airport
- Former Cheap Trick drummer Bun E. Carlos visits students at Lincoln Middle School
- Friends remember Rockford rapper, shot to death Tuesday
- Suspect in grocery store robbery wanted by Beloit Police
- Rockford man sentenced to 12 years for battery to a senior citizen, several business robberies