ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford man accused of murder will have his trial go as planned after a Winnebago County judge denied his request for a dismissal on Monday.
23-year-old Keith Delao is charged with first degree murder.
Investigators say that Delao stabbed 38-year-old Ronnie Ray to death last April. Police found Ray in a gazebo at Fairgrounds Park with several stab wounds.
If found guilty, Delao faces up to 60 years in jail. He is due back in court on April 30th.
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- ‘I’m ready to save grown-ups’: Lurie Children’s Hospital loans ventilators
- Coronavirus forces Ohio dairy farmers to dump milk while grocers limit purchase quantities
- Car flips and catches fire in downtown Rockford
- New data shows peoples’ cell phone habits are changing