(CNN) — A wife, a mom and a lawyer.
Those are the three things Juliana Lamar wanted in life.
She just got all three when she was sworn in as a lawyer last week.
Not only was her husband there, her little boy was a part of the whole thing thanks to a judge with a soft spot.
In a Nashville courtroom, Judge Richard Dinkins holds one-year-old Beckham.
Lamar says just as they were about to begin Judge Dinkins picked up the little boy and said “he needs to be part of this. He’s going to do the swearing-in with me.”
It only made sense that baby Beckham was part of Lamar’s journey to becoming a lawyer.
She got pregnant halfway through law school and worried about everything from missing too many classes to giving birth during a final exam.
She said having her little boy right there watching his mommy was amazing.
- Harlem graduate McKinney discusses his decision to put his NFL dream on hold
- Local resident and Lebanon native reacts to massive Beirut explosion
- Local theater group uses downtime to teach young performers
- Tropical Storm Isaias Continues to Move Through the New England States
- Slattery in position for a top 10 finish at the Illinois Open
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.