(WTVO) — The Community Action Agency of Winnebago and Boone Counties will be giving out grants to area at-risk youth programs. Programs have to surround kids from ages 9 to 19 in low-income areas.
They can address a number of topics such as reducing gang activity or violence, sex trafficking, LGBTQ issues, or life skills and school help.
Funds are coming from the Community Services Grant Block Program. Grant applications are due July 31st.
Applications can be found here.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Monday, March 1, 2021
- Rockford fire crews respond to fire in detached garage
- Blame game: Krishnamoorthi’s office urged Pritzker to blame slow vaccine rollout on ‘Trump hangover’
- Dakota boys shut down by COVID; girls lose to Stockton and Timpe
- A chilly start to Meteorological Spring, but warmth soon returns