ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Front line heroes’ hard work was rewarded with a free meal on Saturday–coutest of Don Carter Lanes and Miracle Mile Rockford.
Volunteers practiced social distancing while handing out 1,000 lunches to front line workers of various industries–from first responders to landscapers.
“It just fills our hearts that we’re able to help others that are doing such a great jobs keeping our refrigerators full and keeping us fed and caring for all our loved ones. It really warms our hearts to be able to give back joy to someone else,” explained Paula Olson, the executive director at Miracle Mile Rockford
In addition to the free meal, workers also were given coupons from businesses on Rockford’s Miracle Mile.
- NASCAR team to pay tribute for former Loves Park man
- Stillman Valley coach Lalor reacts to ‘Return to Play’ decision/guidelines
- Facebook removes nearly 200 accounts tied to hate groups
- Illinois Legislative Black Caucus in Rockford, urge peaceful protests
- Curran’s Orchard opening early after turned away from Rockford City Market