ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — One person is dead following a car crash at the intersection of Auburn and Weldon Roads on Thursday, according to the Winnebago County Coroner.
Police are asking drivers to avoid the intersection for the next several hours.
Win-Bur-Sew Fire Protection District Chief Robert Martin says two cars collided around 4 p.m.
Police say both Ford Fusions were traveling in opposite directions when one went into the other lane.
Alcohol and weather do not appear to have been factors, police said.
Aside from the deceased, another victim suffered life-threatening injuries, police say.
- Dr. Fauci is highest-paid federal employee, report says
- Down payment tax credit: Biden housing plans include help for first-time buyers
- Republicans propose amendment to limit term limits in Congress
- IDES: Nearly 1 million false unemployment claims stopped since March
- Biden to order end of federally run private prisons