FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — A 15-year-old Freeport teen was shot in the leg in what police believe was a gang-related incident early Tuesday morning.
According to Freeport Police, the teen was walking with a group of others in the 800 block of S. Galena when a dark colored car drove by and fired shots at them.
Police say they determined that someone in the group returned fire toward the vehicle. Several cars in the area where struck by bullets.
The teen was taken to Freeport Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Police ask anyone with information about the crime to contact the Freeport Police
Department or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers.
- Illinois reports 2,514 new COVID-19 cases Friday, 25 deaths
- Billionaire Diane Hendricks, 3 others, resign from Beloit College board
- NewsNation/Emerson poll: Biden has slight lead over President Trump
- One of last living Tuskegee Airmen celebrates 102nd birthday
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure