OGLE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — A 16-year-old teen was charged with stealing a car and leading police on a pursuit into Ogle County.
The Ogle County Sheriff’s Office says around 1:30 a.m. Monday morning deputies attempted to stop a vehicle on Highway 251 / Route 64, but the vehicle fled.
Police were later able to stop the car using stop sticks on Flagg Road near Rochelle.
The car was stolen out of Rockford, police learned.
The female driver was taken into custody and charged with Aggravated Fleeing to Elude, Driving While Suspended, and Speeding.
She was taken to a juvenile detention center.
- All US adults should be eligible for vaccines Monday, according to Biden’s deadline
- Fauci hints coronavirus policy on face masks may change
- TikTok users warn about disturbing April 24 trend
- McDonald’s and BTS Partner to Offer the Supergroup’s Favorite Order
- Austin shooting suspect arrested, wanted for killing 3 people