ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A 16-year-old Rockford boy was shot to death Thursday morning.
Police say they responded to a shots fired call and found the victim dead at the scene, just west of School Street on Hess Court in the Fairgrounds Valley housing complex.
Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz says paramedics found the teen to be beyond resuscitation.
Rockford Police say the shooting is under investigation. No word on a suspect.
The teen’s death marks the City of Rockford’s second murder of 2020.
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- ‘I’m ready to save grown-ups’: Lurie Children’s Hospital loans ventilators
- Coronavirus forces Ohio dairy farmers to dump milk while grocers limit purchase quantities
- Car flips and catches fire in downtown Rockford
- New data shows peoples’ cell phone habits are changing