ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A 16-year-old Rockford boy was shot to death Thursday morning.
Police say they responded to a shots fired call and found the victim dead at the scene, just west of School Street on Hess Court in the Fairgrounds Valley housing complex.
Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz says paramedics found the teen to be beyond resuscitation.
Rockford Police say the shooting is under investigation. No word on a suspect.
The teen’s death marks the City of Rockford’s second murder of 2020.
- Karnisovas is reportedly the front-runner in Bulls’ search for new lead executive
- How coronavirus spread through a birthday and a funeral in Chicago
- Stateline residents adapt to reliance on technology during COVID-19 reality
- Michigan babysitter arrested for murder in toddler’s death
- 9 new COVID-19 cases in Winnebago County for Wednesday, no additional deaths