ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A 16-year-old Rockford boy was shot to death Thursday morning.
Police say they responded to a shots fired call and found the victim dead at the scene, just west of School Street on Hess Court in the Fairgrounds Valley housing complex.
Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz says paramedics found the teen to be beyond resuscitation.
Rockford Police say the shooting is under investigation. No word on a suspect.
The teen’s death marks the City of Rockford’s second murder of 2020.
- Ohio police department asks public not to overwhelm dispatch with mask complaints
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Southern California lake
- As other states’ COVID-19 cases spike health experts say Illinois’ future is in your hands