ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police have arrested a 17-year-old suspect in the armed robbery of a pizza delivery driver in March.
Rockford Police say they responded to a report of armed robbery to a pizza delivery driver around 11:40 a.m. on Sunday afternoon.
The incident happened near the 4200 block of Beach Street on the southeast side of Rockford, where the driver was approached by two suspects on a landing as he was delivering pizzas to an upstairs apartment.
The delivery driver dropped his pizza and ran for his car when one of the suspects pulled out a gun, police said.
Police arrested the 17-year-old suspect in the case on Tuesday. He was booked into the Winnebago County Juvenile Detention Center.
- The Big Ten sets a new nine-game football schedule for teams in 2020
- ‘Let us play!’: Illinois prep players rally for fall sports
- Two people injured after crash near N. Alpine and Pepper Drive
- A strike by hundreds of nurses ended Saturday at University of Illinois Hospital in Chicago.
- Trump’s list of possible Supreme Court nominees