ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — On Tuesday, 18-year-old Anthony Jenkins pleaded guilty to the First Degree Murder of 12-year-old Donavan Ruland in 2017.
Prosecutors said on May 24th, 2017, Jenkins shot Ruland dead while trying to steal Ruland’s ATV.
Police found Ruland suffering from a gunshot wound in the area of 4th Street and 16th Avenue. He died at the hospital.
Although he was 16 at the time, Jenkins was tried as an adult.
He faces up to 60 years in prison, and is scheduled to be sentenced on December 18th.
- Robinson eclipses 150 yards, scores in Jaguars 27-25 loss to Browns
- Winds increase following cold front Sunday; Wind chills in the teens Monday morning
- Exposed individuals encouraged to pre-register for COVID-19 test
- Avoid being scammed while holiday shopping online with these simple tips
- Health expert shares advice on helping children cope with unusual holiday season